Our mission: We are educating people, aiming to preserve and minimize the negative impact on the environment while taking care of the present and the future of humankind.
Motto – To Live Ecologically: Giving a Green Light to Green Ideas!
The non-governmental organization “Ukrainian Ecological Club “Green Wave” is a team of ecology experts and active members of the environmental movement in Ukraine since 2008.
Reports of Ukrainian Ecological Club “Green Wave”
- annual performance report 2022
- annual performance report 2021
- annual performance report 2020
- biennial performance report 2018/2019
- Nature interpretation implementation in Ukraine (final report 2017)
- financial report 2017
Our strategic directions:
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Ecological Component of Corporate Social Responsibility (including green office principle for organizations)
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation (social activism and research on urban green areas)
- Joint Public Initiatives
Membership in the national and international networks, collaboration
- Since 2023, a member of the largest network of climate NGOs Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe)
- Since 2019 a member of the Climate Action Network – Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia (CAN EECCA).
- Since 2014 a member of the Ukrainian Climate Network (UKN). It is a network of 16 non-governmental and non-profitable environmental organizations all over Ukraine aiming advocation for transparent use of Kyoto Protocol mechanisms, for an introduction of policies directed to emissions reductions, raising public awareness on climate change and mobilizing civil society for actions. The 2017 report of UKN with Ecoclub activities can be found here.
- Collaboration with Danube-Carpathians Program of WWF International in Ukraine (since November 2014), representing interests of WWF in Ukraine
- In 2013 Ecoclub was the first NGO in Ukraine which has received a status of NGO – a National supporter of Golden Standard; Ecoclub can participate in Public Hearings and officially provide comments on the projects for the reduction of GHG emissions and apply for Golden Standard certification.
- Сooperation with the NaUKMA Biodiversity Conservation Research Center (since 2013)
- Since 2010 a member of the UN Global Compact in Ukraine